Friday, October 06, 2006

Looky looky!

I've been looking around at various web-sites and blogs and found some cool things - one of which is the count-down ticker I've put at the top of this blog. It will remind me every time I log on that I am moving slowly towards my first goal, even if it is at a snail's pace.

For the first time in a month I have a free weekend. Well, I mean I have stuff to do - housework, financial paperwork - but I'm not going anywhere. I'm so looking forward to having the whole weekend to myself, but all that time is also a bit dangerous. A typical weekend to myself is pottering around in the morning on Saturday, having an aperitif before lunch ... and then usually lunch is non-existant and the afternoon is spent snoozing before waking up again in time for a drink before dinner.

This weekend I've made sure I have lots of nice coffee, flavoured waters, fruit juice, DVDs to watch and books to read, just to keep myself occupied and my mind off the bottle of rum locked away in the garage. It's going to be a challenge, but I'll log on and read all the blogs that I've been enjoying these past few weeks, I'll look at my little snail inching along towards the end of the caterpiller and I'll count the lines on my chalk-board and hopefully I'll be posting positive messages at the end of each day.

No comments: