Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday lunchtime at the pub

I haven't been to the pub with my colleagues at all since I started stopping (if that makes sense) but I did go today. No difficulty in having just a diet coke - but then again, only 3 of the 8 of us had an alcoholic drink.

I'm not as anxious about the weekend as I was last weekend. Usually weekends are a bit of a blur (I wasn't a huge drinker in the week - I did drink every night, but not always to excess - but weekends were usually spent drinking and taking naps) but I am confident this one won't be the same.

I mentioned a new challenge a couple of days ago. I was counting days until Christmas and I realised that if I combine my sober October with the previous sober days I've had this year, I'll have 47 by the end of the month, which means I can fit in 100 before the end of the year! That would be fantastic! I mean, 100 is 28% of a year! I don't think that, ever since I started drinking seriously (seriously? What, as opposed to playing at it? No, I mean heavily) when I was about 20, I have ever had 100 alcohol-free days in any one year. I know that if I do make 100 this year they won't be continuous days, but it's a nice even number, and that's what I'm going to go for.

I'm keeping my 1-month countdown ticker at the top of my blog, but then I'll start moving towards my 100-day total goal.

1 comment:

Pam Jarnagin said...

It's wonderful to have goals. They keep us motivated. You're doing great!!!