Tuesday, September 05, 2006

'Only' 6 units ...

I um'd and ah'd in the supermarket on my way home from work last night - should I buy a half-bottle of vodka or rum or not? But I knew that if I bought a half-bottle I'd drink it all, and that would have been over 13 units of alcohol. I did want a drink, though, so I bought a bottle of pre-mixed vodka and cola and, as I thought, I drank the lot. I didn't enjoy it though - I'm a bit fussy about the cola I use as a mixer - and because it was a pre-mix it was 'only' 6 units.

I think it's a good thing I didn't enjoy the drink, because I'm less likely to want to have more tonight - and besides, there is no more at home, and I'm not going shopping again just to buy a bottle.

I'll report in tomorrow with the unit count for tonight!

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Only you can decide if you are an alcoholic. But I would say there probably are exactly NO normal drinkers who have a blog titled "dying for a drink". I pray it doesn't end up a self-fulfulling prophecy.

Mary Christine said...

Just wondering how you're doing. Hope you are OK.